SSL opt-in support
SSL, that is, using
https for all of JS Bin, can be enabled via their preferences. Note that extra care in including resources is needed, and to ensure they work, it’s recommended you use protocol relative URLs.
Once this is enabled, visiting jsbin.com will redirect to
https. However, not all JS Bin URLs will automatically redirect. The following rules apply:
- Sharing your own bins will be on
httpsby default and visitors will also view those bins on
- Visiting the JS Bin editor will always redirect to
- You can share non-
httpsURLs, but you need to change these manually
- Viewing another user’s bins can be on
httpand will not redirect to
- You can view another user’s bin under
- Embedded bins will maintain their protocol of their author (a Pro account is required to embed over SSL)
❤️ Love JS Bin?
Support this open source project today, and help it continue to run for another decade 🎂